Can you imagine living over 100 years? It’s really quite mind-boggling to think about, just think of all the history you’d lived through.
A centenarian is a person who lives to or beyond the age of 100 years, and in his project titled “Faces Of Century“, photographer Jan Langer captured over a dozen Czech centenarians and matched their pictures side by side of when they were young, and over 100 years old.
According to Langer, “the photos examine the similarities and the differences in appearance and in physiognomy.”
“The characteristics of personality change throughout life but it seems as if individual nature remains rooted in the abyss of time,” his project description reads.
1. Antonín Kovář, 25 Years Old (Bandmaster Of His Own Band), 102 Years Old
2. Prokop Vejdělek, 22 Years Old (Oath Of Enlistment), 101 Years Old
3. Ludvík Chybík, 20 Years Old (Skilled Confectioner), 102 Years Old
4. Bedřiška Köhlerová, 26 Years Old (Wedding), 103 Years Old
5. Vincenc Jetelina, 30 Years Old (Finished His House), 105 Years Old
6. Anna Vašinová, 22 Years Old (After Wedding), 102 Years Old
7. Stanislav Spáčil, 17 Years Old (Skilled Electrician), 102 Years Old
8. Anna Pochobradská, Around 30 Years Old, 100 Years Old
9. Antonín Baldrman, 17 Years Old (Skilled Locksmith), 101 Years Old
10. Marie Burešová, 23 Years Old (Wedding), 101 Years Old
11. Vlasta Čížková, 23 Years Old (Finished Girl High School), 101 Years Old
12. Ludmila Vysloužilová, 23 Years Old (Gift For Her Fiancé), 101 Years Old
13. Marie Fejfarová, Her Personal History Was Burnt; On The Right 101 Years Old
Make sure to check out more of Langer’s amazing photography over on his website.